I can't believe my sweet, silly, beautiful, precious little baby is three!! On one hand it feels like it is going by so fast, but on the other hand I can't really remember life without her -- it's like she has always been here. She has grown so much lately and is so funny. He phrases and vocabulary have improved drastically. I just love her so much!!
Her birthday morning was a little like Christmas. We got her a bike and had it and her presents sitting out and waiting for her when she woke up. You can imagine how excited she was. She's been waiting for her birthday for awhile now!
Minnie Mouse pajamas, Minnie Mouse wrapping paper and Minnie Mouse bike! Can you guess what she likes?
This bike is SO Dani! Complete with big bow!
She tore through this gifts!
In the afternoon we had her party at the neighborhood pool with some of the usual gang, some of her playgroup friends and some of my friends/Lily's friends. And Grandma and Grandpa, of course. Dani has been saying for months now that she wanted a Princess Peach party. She loves Princess Peach from Mario Kart. I had wanted to throw a "Frozen" party, but insisted on Peach and was SO excited about it. I actually came to love the idea since it was so different and special -- just like Dani.
Of course August 17, 2014 is on record as one of the wettest August days ever and the rainiest for this date in history. It rained all night and morning, but I studied the radar and was optimistic that the clouds would leave by 1pm (party start time was 1:30) and I was right. As soon as we got there to set up, the rain stopped. It was super humid and kind of cloudy, but the kids could still swim and the party went on!
I couldn't find tons of Peach stuff -- but I totally bought what I could find. Including this huge Peach standup! (and of course, her Peach crown)
So happy and excited.
I made Mario Kart lollipops for favors.
And even got her a personalized Pinata.
The pool has a nice picnic area which was perfect for the party!
Victoria and Dani
Cheeseballs and cheese-its. It was her birthday, after all.
Tatum and Madison
With Hadley and Abby in the little pool.
Madelynn and Carys
Julie. :)
Lily, Courtney, Carys and Madelynn
Grandpa and Grandma got there a little after 2 and brought the pizza! Grandpa was nice enough to offer to get them and cook them at the golf course. He even served them in chaffing dishes. It was very fancy. He also brought Dani a frog he caught! All the kids loved the frog.
Then Matthew started fining other frogs, in the bushes and mainly in the pool filters.
Pinata time!
Tatum
Abby
Hadley
Lily -- her form cracks me up.
We saved Christopher for last -- and he did not disappoint!
My favorite part was this amazing cake I got for Dani! It was so cute and made her so happy!! She was all about a Princess Peach cake.
She had a hard time getting the candles out.
She did it!
Victoria, Dani and Abby
Dani, Abby and Hadley
The 4 frogs!
The kids minus Courtney and Christopher.
Madison, Emily, Lily, Ben, Matthew, Abby, Dani, Madelynn, Tatum, Carys, Victoria, Katie, Sophie, Olivia and Hadley
Emily, Abby, Carys, Lily, Katie, Dani and Sophie
Bag of candy, open box of Nerds and a lollipop -- pretty good birthday.
Back home to open more presents -- including a Frozen castle from Grandma and Grandpa!
It was a great day celebrating my baby!
0 comments:
Post a Comment