We had three birthday parties to go to this weekend! One on Friday and two on Sunday -- and all 3 of them we at 3:00 in the afternoon. Since Lily naps from 2-5pm, 3:00 is the worst time to have a party!! Friday was Samantha's (playgroup friend) at Chuck E Cheese and Sunday was Sawyers (playgroup friend) at a local Gymnastic place and also Blakes (school friend) at another gymnastic place. Obviously we couldn't be at both, so I let Lily pick and even though she has known Sawyer longer and all her playgroup best friends (Emily, Trent, Elise, etc) were going to be at Sawyer's, she choose Blake's party. I thought she may regret this choice, but she was so excited and even up to the last second had no regrets. That class of kids is SO tight! It is so cute to watch them all together! Apparently the first year of school is quite a bonding experience.
Friday I was feeling better, but not great and I wasn't sure we should go to Sami's party. Lily was kinda bummed, so I told her we could go out and get ice cream and like magic she totally forgot the party! It is kinda funny that worked so well, since Lily doesn't like ice cream! :) But we went to Wendy's and got a kids frosty and she was so happy. She ate a few tiny bites and decided (as usual) that it was too cold and she didn't want it. But she was still happy to have gotten it and all was good. :)
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Birthday Parties
......................
Here is a random picture of Lily playing. She LOVES the little Disney play sets and little princesses. Between Christmas and her birthday she has accumulated quite a lot and she decided to bring them all over to the table to play. I thought it was cute, Chip said seeing all those little toys gives him heart palpitations.
We're not even done collecting -- she doesn't even have the seven dwarfs yet and that is currently her favorite! :)
Another random picture of Lily from Saturday as we were heading to get some much needed groceries and supplies. It was kind of tiring, but nice to finally get out of the house! I thought she looked so cute in this outfit that Aunt Susan and Uncle Shawn sent her for her birthday:
And, finally, a photo from today as we were leaving for Blake's party. I managed to get her down for an early nap and she slept for a little over an hour and a half before we left. So it wasn't all that bad. She had SO much fun, it was a great party and I think she made a good choice in choosing to go with her school friends today.
Posted by Vicki at 4:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
She looks so cute and grown up in that outfit that Aunt Susan and Uncle Shawn gave her!
Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Post a Comment