Friday, February 12, 2010

Record Breaking Snowfall

This post has a LOT of pictures of snow, but I wanted to document it well since we may never see snow like this in North Texas again. The last 24 hours were the snowiest EVER in Dallas. 12.5 inches at DFW and between 9-14" for our area!! It is officially (so far) the 2nd snowiest winter on record. It has been awesome!

These pictures are from last night after Lily's nap and once Chip came home:










Snow keeps falling and poor Frosty can't handle it all!


Lily just made Chip follow her all around the yard.

She really enjoys eating snow.






9:00 at night and still snowing!
It had been snowing since 5am, and still had a few hours of snow left to go!!!

I used the night setting on the camera, but it was still freaky light outside. I don't know the scientific explanation, but I am assuming all the white snow had something to do with it. It was pretty cool!






8am this morning! SO much snow.
It even stuck to the streets and sidewalks.





Bunny tracks in the street.














1 comments:

linda said...

It looks so pretty! I love all the pictures of the trees and your neighborhood!