Sunday, March 11, 2012

Our Week

Another busy week means more pictures of cute babies in cute outfits!  :)  It rained half the week, so we only got to go the park and out for frozen yogurt once on Tuesday.  But the girls and I went shopping over a couple days to get clothes for them and me and that is always fun!

Besides dressing up and running errands, I have been struggling with Danielle's naps, or lack thereof.  She goes down SO easily at bedtime.  I can put her in bed awake and she quietly falls asleep within 10 minutes or so - sometimes less.  But that is the ONLY time I can do that.  When she wakes up in the middle of the night, I usually have to nurse her back down and the same goes for nap time.  If I try to just leave her in bed she cries and fusses until I come get her.  I hate to make her cry it out.  It is very frustrating since I know she knows how to put herself to sleep -- she does it nightly!  The main issue now is how LONG it takes to get her down for a nap.  I used to only have to nurse her about 15 minutes, she'd fall asleep and I'd gently lay her in her crib.  But now, she wakes up and cries as soon as she hits the crib.  We have to go through the whole process 3-4 times and sometimes it takes me over an hour to get her down and sometimes the 5 minutes she was asleep while nursing was cat nap enough and I don't get her down at all.  It is so frustrating and it is taking up my whole day. I really hope this phase ends soon.  The good thing is that even on days when she only naps 20 minutes all day (as she did on Wednesday!  From 10am to 10:20, then I tried at 12:30 and 4:00 and she wouldn't go down) she is still happy and not really fussy.  So it is nice to know that she can miss naps and doesn't need as much sleep so I can take Lily on impromptu playdates and out for ice cream after school and I am not tied down by Danielle's nap schedule.  But she never got the memo that babies sleep all the time and nap all day.  She has been like this since birth.

It also looks like Danielle has some tooth buds and teeth will be here soon.  Both the middle bottom ones look like they are starting to come in.  And Lily who has been saying for months that she has a loose tooth -- she is obsessed and wants to lose teeth, may actually have a loose tooth!  She has been saying that her top tooth is "wiggly" for sometime now, and it never has been.   But when she made me feel it the other day, it was a little wiggly!!  So I have to wonder if it is actually time for her to lose teeth or if she loosened it herself by playing with it constantly.  My babies are growing up WAY too fast!!

 
 Sadly, it looks like it may be time to retire this size 3 month outfit.  It's getting a little tight.



 I love this dress I bought for Lily and we finally found a hairstyle that works well for growing out her bangs, so I had to get a picture of Lily this week too!
This pose is ALL Lily -- ironically the dress is from Gwen Stefani's Harajuku collection, so maybe that inspired Lily to pose like a Japanese tourist?!?

 All ready for the park!


 Let's go to Lily's dance class!

 The perfect outfit for a rainy shopping day!

 I love that little jacket.


 A casual cozy outfit.
I LOVE my little dolls!

0 comments: