Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sick Again

On Thursday when we were registering Lily for Kindergarten I noticed Dani's face was turning kinda red and splotchy.  It was warm in there, so I thought maybe she was overheated.   But a couple hours later it was still there and getting worse.  It was mainly around her nose and eyes and spread to the back of her neck and eventually made it to her back and shoulder blades.  She had already been having diarrhea for a day, so I took her to the kids urgent care.    

They said is was either an allergic reaction, which was what Chip's guess was too based on the splotchy redness, but she hadn't eaten anything new and for the life of me, I have no idea what could have caused it.  Or it could be a viral infection of some kind.  They gave her benedryl and it seemed to help.  The splotches were gone a few hours later and, knock on wood, have not come back.  But we are still dealing with the diarrhea which makes me think she has a bug of some kind.  Poor baby girl, it's tough having an older sibling!!

You can kind of see the redness on her face, especially around her eyes.


0 comments: