Bright and early Monday morning we took Danielle to meet with her regular doctor. My obgyn didn't deliver at the nearby hospital where our pediatricians do rounds to visit the babies, so we just saw the in house doctor at the hospital. I have to admit I was pretty proud of us as a family. It is no secret we are not early morning people and Dani's appointment was for 8:20am (which is pretty early morning for us!). It is hard enough to get just me out the door on time that early, but to have to get Chip and two kids out and fed, pack a diaper bag for the first time in years and find all the paperwork from the hospital that the doctor would need?! But we did it! We were on time and it was all fairly easy! I was pretty impressed. I sincerely hope that it was not just a one time fluke!!
At 6 days old she weighed 7lbs and 3 ozs which put her in the 29% and was 19.25" long which is in the 30%. Her head circumference was 40%. She is so tiny!! Everyone said your second baby is usually bigger than your first and since Lily was in 90-100% across the board, I thought for sure Danielle would be similar. So, I was pleasantly surprised to have a normal to below average teeny weenie baby girl. She is so fun to cuddle with!
I didn't get to take a picture of her at the doctor's office since she was a little fussy. But everything looks great. Her jaundice is very mild and should go away on its own and she seems to be in perfect health! We go back again next week for her 2 week weigh in!
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Day 6 Stats
Posted by Vicki at 8:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment