Chip stayed with me the first night since I still had my epidural in and couldn't really get up to tend to the baby. But the poor guy was SO tired that I had to call in the nurses anyway for help since he was dead asleep. :) So I let him go home to rest Thursday and Friday night in our own bed. He stayed with me until late and tried to come back early before work, so Lily stayed at my parent's house all week which was fine with her since that is where Aunt Linda was and Lily is obsessed with Aunt Linda and Jeremy! But Lily came by everyday to visit and so did my Mom. Linda wasn't feeling well, so her and Jeremy stayed at home. We also got visits from Rhiannon, Patti and Jenn (but I forgot to take pictures).

I managed to shower on Thursday morning (and everyday since birth) and get my regular pajamas on. It was a lot easier than after Lily was born, but still extremely painful.

Photo by Lily

Lily's facial expressions crack me up.

Lily is such a sweetheart. She saw that other people brought flowers, so she made Chip take her to the gift shop so she could give us flowers. She bought us this small rose bouquet and Danielle a teddy bear. I just love how thoughtful and unselfish she can be.

Our last night there we got a steak and lobster dinner (or a chicken dinner if you are me and don't like steak or lobster). The food was good, but the triple chocolate cake was beyond delicious and that is saying A LOT since I do not like chocolate cake!

Chip and Lily bought us this door decoration to announce Danielle's arrival.

I forgot to get a photo of him on delivery day wearing his scrubs with her footprints -- so we took a quick picture as we were packing up and getting ready to go home.

Flowers from Rhiannon and Jenn.

From Colton, Garret and Jenna (aka Eric & Kristi)

My lovely flowers from Lily

From my Mom!

Also from Rhiannon and Jenn.

My view from my bed. There was a nice HDTV with movies on demand -- although I never used them. There was also a video camera to do web chats. I failed at doing those too, although in retrospect it would have been great to try when Lily was at my mom's and Linda couldn't come visit. Oh well. I was a little preoccupied while I was there.

We had a suite type room with the daddy couch/bed in the other room -- he even had his own TV out there. Although, he never really used it.

It was a nice room and a great hospital!

All ready to go home on Saturday afternoon. I wasn't quite ready, but they told me it was time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment