Sunday, November 3, 2013

Friday Night Lights!

Friday night Lily and I went with Patti, Bryan, Emily, Rhiannon, Ben, Matthew and Carys to Lily and my first Texas High School football game!  It's a little weird to go to a high school football game when I'm not in high school and don't know anyone in high school.  But we're in Texas now and it is such a big community event.  There were people there tailgating with their decked out motor homes with TV's.  It's crazy.  Season tickets are very hard to get and the stadium is literally the largest high school stadium in the country and cost 60 million dollars.  To most people, it is a very big deal.  So I was kind of excited to experience it for myself.  Lily's been wanting to go all season since she hears about the games at school from her friends.  The stadium was impressive -- it was hard to comprehend that it was a high school.  They had a variety of fast food vendors and tons of different food -- not just hot dogs and candy bars sold by PTA moms like I had in school.  It was a lot more like a college game.  But the high school is a lot more like a college.  Our team were the state champs last year and are undefeated this year.  We won 56-7, so it wasn't a very exciting football game.  Lily had fun with her friends, but said she probably wouldn't want to go again anytime soon.  :)  She's not a football fan.

 
Tailgating!
The stadium

Remember, this is a high school game!!!


Halftime!  I was excited to see the band -- it is the world's largest high school band with over 850 students.  It takes over 20 buses to transport them to away games.  It's just so crazy.
 




0 comments: