Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pumpkin Carving

As is tradition, we carved our pumpkins the night before Halloween.  Unfortunately, Chip had school so he wasn't able to help us out this year.  But I had plenty of help with these two who were both eager and excited to carve!  I LOVE that they love to do these holiday traditions with me.  For the first time ever, I didn't do a traditional Jack-o-lantern.  Instead Lily and I tried our first stencil and Dani and I tried to make a pretty design with the drill.  Both turned out pretty good and the stencil was actually pretty easy.

 
Excited and ready to get started.




Dani may have liked digging in for the insides more if Lily didn't scream and yell "oooh Gross!!" every time she stuck her hand in.


Dani started yelling "Gross".
Dani and I also painted a little pumpkin black and decorated it with Minnie Mouse stickers.  She was excited to have a "minnie pump pump".

Lily, working on her stencil.






I had a colander out to collect the seeds to roast.  Dani had the most fun just putting seeds back in the pumpkin and then back to the colander.
Time to bring pumpkin carving to another level -- with power tools!!
 
Ta da!!





(It is hard to get a decent picture of both of them)


I think we did a pretty good job and we had a blast carving them!

0 comments: