Friday was my birthday!! Chip came home from work a little early since we were having friends over for diner. I had bought myself new sunglasses last week for my birthday present, so I was very very surprised when he gave me my gift -- he ordered me an ipad!! He was hoping to have it by my birthday, but they are out of stock so I'll get it in a few weeks. I am excited and surprised. Chip always does a great job getting me gifts and surprising me! Later in the evening we had a little get together with some of our best Texas friends. Rhiannon, Ben, Mathew, Carys, Abigail, Patti, Bryan, Emily, Jenn, Pete, Makayla and Madison all came over. It was Jenn's first time out since Matthew was born 3 weeks ago, so it was great to see her and hang out. Chip grilled chicken and sausage and I made and bought some salads and appetizers -- I kept it simple. I wasn't about to actually cook on my birthday!! I thought it would be fun since it was MY birthday to have a fun theme. I REALLY wanted to get Twilight plates, napkins, etc. But they didn't have them at Target and I was too lazy to drive to Party City to get some. So Lily picked out the Princess theme, which is just as appropriate. :) She even made me get a pinata! It is fun having a 4 year old party planner!
Rhiannon bought me this delicious red velvet bundt cake! It is SO good. We put a candle for all the kiddos that helped me celebrate.
0 comments:
Post a Comment