I was excited to watch the the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on Friday morning, not excited enough to get up at 3am to watch, but more excited to watch it with Lily. I was Lily's exact age (4 years and 3+ months old) when I watched Diana marry Prince Charles and I loved it! I just couldn't wait to watch and share this moment with Lily. I had been getting her ready all week, by telling her about the key people, teaching her about the London landmarks and English history. She was pretty excited to watch the wedding of a real Prince and Princess. We had plans to go to Jenn's house with Rhiannon and kids to watch the wedding together in the afternoon. But Lily and I cheated and snuck a peak at Kate's arrival and dress in the morning before school. Lily was loving it. The wedding didn't exactly hold the kids' attention for very long (and who can blame them, there were some slow parts), but they would run in to watch some of the highlights. It was so sweet watching them all gather close to the TV and ooh and ahh over the Princess. I love the above photo since the girls are all into it, while Matthew, who is such a trooper constantly surrounded by girls, seems to be trying to tolerate it all. :)
They even got dressed up in Makayla's finest princess wear for the occasion. :)
1 comments:
I wish there was a "like" button to click on the blogs like on facebook!
Post a Comment