Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of July!

This year for the 4th of July we went to Patti's house for a BBQ in the evening and then watched the nearby firework show from Rhiannon's neighborhood.  It was a fun day, but as far as Lily was concerned this was just a bonus since we already celebrated the 4th on Saturday.

In the morning Lily and I made "sparklers".  Aka pretzel rods with melted chocolate and sprinkles.  And red, white and blue rice krispies treats.

Ta da!  We even added red, white and blue star shaped marshmallows to the top of our treats.
I wanted to get a picture of the girls for Danielle's 1st 4th of July, but Lily was coming off a bit of a tantrum (can't even remember why now -- she has had a lot of jealously issues with the baby lately and is acting out for attention), so I didn't get the best photos.  I meant to get more later, but I forgot.

All the kiddos eating at Patti's house -- Ben, Matthew, Madelyn, Emily, Lily, Carys, Keely, Kendall and Makayla.
Playing in the pool was the highlight of the night.
Lily didn't slow down once.


Danielle played inside with Abigail most of the night.
Firework time!!  Since we were a ways away from the actually fireworks, Rhiannon was playing music on the iphone to add to our show.
Danielle is AMAZING.  She slept in until 10am, but then decided she didn't need a late nap -- so she had been up for nearly 12 hours at this point and was such a trooper.  Both Chip and I were prepared to take her home if we had too, but she was fine.
Watching the show.


Rhiannon, Dani and her music.  This picture cracks me up!  I love it!
I think my little fireracker she enjoyed her 1st 4th of July!



Needless to say, she was pooped.

0 comments: