Sunday, July 8, 2012

Big Girl Food

Since Chip only has online classes this summer, we have had a lot more time with Daddy -- we actually get to see him!  So, we have made it our tradition this summer to go out to breakfast once a week when he is home -- and sometimes out to dinner too!  We won't get to go out to eat much once school starts up again, so we're just trying to enjoy this time we have while we have it.  Both girls are loving it!  I have been much better giving Danielle a variety of finger foods than I every was with Lily at this age and she has grown very fond of pancakes when we are out (she didn't want them so much at home).  She'll eat her regular breakfast of oatmeal or yogurt or fruit and eat a whole pancake!!  Our "regular" restaurant gives out free "baby cakes" for Danielle, but last week we mixed it up and tried somewhere new.  I knew she would want pancakes, so I actually ordered her her own meal!  Just seemed kinda crazy for a 10 month old, but she ate it!!

 
Yummy pancakes!


That same night we got crazy and went out to dinner too!  I gave Dani some bread and some shredded cheese from the top of my salad.  She wasn't into the cheese so much -- but we tried. 

Being silly with Lily
  
I decided to also let her try one of Lily's french fries.  I was trying to hold her off the fried stuff for awhile, but I also want her to try a variety of food and textures, so I gave her a fry.  As you can tell from the photo above and below -- she LOVED it.  That's my girl!!
 





0 comments: