Just like every year, our town has a huge 4th of July celebration the week before the 4th. It is Lily's favorite day of the year and has always been one of my favorite events since the first year we moved here and had such a great time with Lily. This year was no exception.
We started the day at "Auntie" Beth's house (Matthew, Carys and Abby's Aunt - Rhiannon's sister). She had a big pool party and BBQ. We got there about 12:30 and Lily stayed in the pool from the moment we arrived until we had to drag her out at 6:30ish for dinner. She LOVES the pool, especially now that she can swim a little better (but still with water wings on). Danielle and I left so Dani could nap from 3-5. I was a little nervous as to how she would be with such a late night, but hoped that with a late nap she'd rally and stay up. It was a very fun day hanging out with friends. Of course since I had Danielle with me all day, I didn't get any pictures of the kids in the pool.
Lily and her cupcake.
Danielle or "DeeDee" as Abby calls her and Abby and best friends.
In the evening we headed over to the park for the Celebration USA fireworks and a concert by the Bangles!!! I was so excited to see the Bangles!! We set up camp way in the back so all the kids could run and play, but it was hard to hear the music. So Dani and I took a walk to look for Grandma and Grandpa who were there somewhere in the crowd of thousands and ended up at the front of the stage (easy to do when it is just you and a cute baby) while they sang "Eternal Flame" and "Hazy Shade of Winter". Danielle LOVED it. She was dancing and clapping in my arms and was SO cute that she even caught the attention of Suzanna Hoff who smiled at her. It was a magical moment that I will never forget. Sadly I left my phone and camera back in the stroller.
We found my parents at the end of the show and Danielle and my Mom danced to "Walk Like an Egyptian" together!
Now it was time to wait for the fireworks to start! Lily was TIRED after 7 hours in the pool, but she did not slow down once. She had the time of her life playing with her best friends.
Running and dancing with Carys.
The kids were putting their glow sticks together and saying "1-2-3. America!!" and raising them up. It was funny, I have NO idea where they got that from.
Watching the fireworks!
I had NO idea how Danielle would react to the fireworks (they are loud and it was 3 hours past her bedtime), but she LOVED them and was clapping and smiling and screaming with excitement. She also had the time of her life and I was SO proud of her for being such a good baby and staying up so late.
Carys and Lily
Lily and Emily
Maddie and Ben were pushing the kids in the stroller. They were having a blast.
Abby even helped push.
Lily and Matthew.
We started walking back to the cars about 10:30. I had no idea where we parked, since Chip dropped me and the girls off. So I was just following the group . . . who got lost. We wandered around for a hour or so through neighborhoods and parks until we found our cars. Oddly enough, it was highlight of the day. It was a nice night and we all had fun with it -- the kids had strollers and wagons to ride in, so they didn't care. The babies were troopers and didn't seem to mind that it was nearly midnight. It was another great day with great friends.
Ben pushing Carys and Lily through a park.
Dani and Abby trying to hold hands as we walked. It was so sweet.


0 comments:
Post a Comment