Sunday, May 12, 2013

Field Trip

Friday was Lily's kindergarten field trip to the Dallas World Aquarium.  It has been a few years since we had been there, so Lily didn't really remember it and she was so excited to go back with her class.  I wasn't an official chaperone this time, but I was able to go down there and meet them.  I am so lucky that I can go down there and experience all this with her and her friends and that my Mom is nice enough to watch Dani all the time for me.  There were a lot of parents there -- in fact, I carpooled with 5 other moms to the aquarium.  We were the "bus" behind the school bus!  It was a great experience.  It wasn't crowded, we weren't rushed and the kids got to see and spend as much time as they wanted with everything.  The class was broken up into groups of 4, each with a chaperone or two -- or in our case, 4!  We had Lily, Natalia, Landon and Zander.  I was there along with Mrs Savitch, Miss Carmen the student teacher and Landon's mom.   So it was easy and fun keeping an eye on the kids!

Our 4 climbing up to get a better view of a huge lizard.
Playing with the otters.
Me and my favorite kindergartner!
Lily and Natalia
Lily and Logan

Lily and Cora
The manatee.


Zander, Landon, Lily and Natalia with the sloths.   They were just hanging out there in the open, it was kinda crazy.
Walking home after school.  She had such a great day and I'm glad I got to share it with her!

0 comments: