Last night Lily and I went to the Taylor Swift Red tour concert at Cowboys Stadium! We were both pretty excited. I actually really like her music. All 3 CDs we have of hers are CDs that you can just play the whole way through since every song is good. So we listen to a lot of Taylor Swift and I figured this would be a good first major concert to take Lily to (plus she kept asking and wouldn't let it go!). We tried to get some friends to join us, but it is a big trip to Arlington and since the concert was sold out, we had to get tickets via Stub Hub for slightly over the original ticket price. But since I am a fan, I didn't mind and I was actually kind of glad it was just the two of us -- I love making special memories with my Lily! Of course there were scattered thunderstorms Saturday afternoon and we ended up having to drive through a gnarly, scary storm on our way there and it was raining when we arrived. But we were early enough that we could let the main part of the storm pass before we had to get out of the car. Luckily, we found a Dallas Cowboys umbrella in the backseat -- how appropriate.
Lily outside the massive Cowboys stadium.
It is a HUGE place and was super crowded and chaotic when we walked in. Lily was obviously overwhelmed and admitted that this was not what she expected!
At our seat!! We had AMAZING seats. I seriously think they were among the best in the place. We were three rows off the field right at stage level. The floor seats kinda sucked since the stage was so high and they were all flat -- it would have been hard to see. We really lucked out!!! I was hesitant to go to a concert at Cowboys Stadium since it is so big and there are so many bad nosebleed seats. But to get these seats, for a decent price was an awesome experience! I wouldn't have wanted Lily to have to watch it from the TV screens -- she could have done that at home on youtube.
Ed Sheeran was the opening act!
Me and my baby girl! We chalked our hair pink for the concert -- we're crazy cool like that!
Our seats were at the Legends Club, which was pretty cool. The only down side was the food was too fancy. I wanted nachos and popcorn. They had chefs preparing cibattas and sushi.
Before Taylor Swift started, we went in search of a T-shirt for Lily. I'm glad we wandered around because we found these trunks of Taylor's outfits from videos and awards shows. Lily recognized most of them immediately -- it was a definite highlight for her!
Lily's new t-shirt dress!
Look at ALL the people who had worse seats than us! :)
She finally started the show at 8:45, which was already past Lily's bedtime!! :)
Lily rocked out, but was tired too. There was a lot of excitement and adrenaline all day and it was getting late. So being the good mother I am, I force fed her cotton candy to give her a boost. It worked! It was a great show! We knew all the songs and I know this is an experience that Lily will never forget!! There were dancers, fireworks, confetti, stages that moved, etc.. . . It was a well produced stadium concert -- not that I expected any less.
The show ended at 10:45 (no encore, which I found strange). By the time we got out of there and got to the car it was about 11:30. I literally took this picture while we were still parked in the parking spot. She was out. Sweet baby. We got home about 12:40, since it took about 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot. But it was all so worth it and I can't wait to take her to another concert!


.jpg)









.jpg)

0 comments:
Post a Comment