Even though Lily just completed her first week at kindergarten, I still think I am very much in denial. It is hard to comprehend that she is old enough for kindergarten (even though she acts like she is 17 most of the time) and even harder to believe that she is in REAL school and will be for the next 17+ years!!! This is only the beginning. Thankfully, Lily had such a positive experience at preschool so she was more than ready for Kindergarten to start (and me too for that matter). And ever since she met her teacher week and saw her classroom, she has been so excited and counted down the days for school to start.

All ready to go on her first day! I had her write her name and will continue this tradition every year so we can see how it changes.
(she picked out the headband at the store and HAD to wear it the first day! It is cute. A little big, but cute.)
Her new snazzy backpack.
My friend Michelle gave me the idea to give Lily a new necklace to wear to school and tell Lily if she missed me, she could just grab hold of the necklace and think of me. It was my way of being with her all day. So I did and Lily really liked that idea (of course when she got home I asked if she needed the necklace and she said "No, I didn't miss you that much". I guess that is a good thing . . . .)On Monday, Wednesday and Friday they have PE so she has to wear tennis shoes. Even though it was the first day, I wasn't sure if they would have PE so I sent her in her sneakers anyway.
Finding her cubby.
Putting her folder away.
Off to meet new friends and start her day!
I was pretty proud of myself. I didn't cry at all. It wasn't that hard to leave her there. It helped that we had those three years of preschool and it also helped knowing how very excited she was to be there. I am so proud of the smart, silly girl she has become and I wasn't scared or worried for her all at. I knew she'd be fine!
After school telling Aunt Linda all about her day!
She loved kindergarten!! She met a new friend named Logan (who is a girl) and seemed to have fun. She likes her teacher and can't wait to go back tomorrow. That was pretty much all I got out of her besides this awesome quote -- "No one asked me about my new outfit! I guess they don't do that in Kindergarten?? Weird."
We let Lily pick dinner that night and we all went to Olive Garden where Dani ate and loved olives! Poor Dani on Tuesday morning. I think this week has been hardest on me and Dani. It sucks to wake up so early -- Lily has to be at school at 7:45!!! We were waking up at 9am this summer, so it is quite an adjustment and it is affecting Danielle and I the most. Lily doesn't like getting up, but she is excited to go to school so it is okay for her. I've been spoiled for too long.



.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment