Sunday, September 2, 2012

Payphone!

There is a very popular song out right now by Maroon 5 called "Payphone".  The lyrics are "I'm at a pay phone, trying to call home.  All of my change I spent on you . .. "   We heard this song at least 7 times a day during our trip to Colorado and the kids loved it.  It kind of became the anthem for the trip.  But the kids had NO idea what a payphone was.  I had to go online to show them photos.  So, it became our mission to find a payphone and take a picture with it!  We looked at rest stops, gas stations, etc and never found one.   Ironically, walking home from soccer practice I noticed there was a payphone in front of the neihgborhood pool!!!!!!  It was right around the corner from me the whole time!!!!  We haven't been to our pool in the last month, I probably didn't notice before because I didn't care before!!   Carys and Rhiannon came running over to see it too!!   Who would have thought we'd get so excited over finding an old dirty pay phone and how sad is it that it is like an old antique relic! 






0 comments: