Saturday, January 14, 2012

21 Weeks Old

I've had my new camera for over a year now and when I first got it I told myself that I wasn't going to shoot in "auto" mode.  I was going to use the manual mode and get the most out of my photos.  I took years of photography in high school and was quite familiar with the concepts of f-stops, aperture and ISO.  But "auto" mode is SO easy and takes good enough pictures, so I never really ventured out.  But lately, I haven't been as happy with the shots I've been getting.  So I have been reading camera tutorials online and re-familiarizing myself with the workings of the camera (high school was a LONG time ago).  Plus, I got photoshop lightroom from Christmas from my parents and I have been dying to play around some.   I haven't had a lot of time or opportunity to try out my camera and new editing software, but I did take a few minutes this week to get this shot of Danielle:

 
 Above: the original

After playing around with the hues and colors.  I am pretty happy with the way they both turned out and can't wait to experiment some more.  It helps a lot when you have such cute subjects to photograph.



1 comments:

YAH-YAH said...

HI TORY,

GREAT PICTURES... YOUR PROFESSIONAL.....

THINK DANIELLE'S RED HAIR WILL STAY RED??

SHE IS ADORABLE..

LOVE YOU ALL AUNT PAM