Saturday, January 7, 2012

California

Monday morning we woke up and headed off to the airport for three straight days at Disneyland for Lily's birthday.  I think I was the most excited for this trip since I've always wanted to stay at a Disneyland hotel, but never got the chance since we lived so close!  Plus three whole days at Disneyland - what could be better than that?  Of course, I was also a tad nervous as to how the trip would go with a 4 month old.  Danielle is a pretty easy going baby, but two plane rides and three straight days out plus a hotel stay may is new territory!

We started the trip off right with doughnuts at the airport.
Since I would be holding Danielle for the next three hours on the plane, I had Chip carry her around while we waited -- to mix it up some.  Dani loves to be held, but she does tire of it after awhile.
Danielle's first plane ride! Contrary to the above photo, she was excited and did amazingly well!!  I planned it all out perfectly so that she would need a nap as soon as we took off.  And as soon as we got on the plane she fell asleep!  I brought my boppy on the plane, so that made everyone nice and comfy.  She slept for about 45 minutes, got up and played for a bit and went back to sleep.  We had to wake her when we landed in Orange County.   It was perfect.
Sleeping little baby feet.
Lily had fun watching her shows on the ipad.
Playtime.  My baby girl LOVES her baby money.  Her favorite toy is her cash. :)



Before we headed to Disneyland we made a stop off too see Aunt Linda, Jeremy and Uncle Scott.  Lily has been very excited about this trip since we told her we were going about a month ago, but even more than 3 days (and "living" at Disneyland), she was excited to see Aunt Linda, Uncle Scott and Jeremy.


Jeremy was asleep when we first got there, but it was SO cute how excited he was to see and play with Lily.  They both love each other so much.  It is the sweetest thing and so much fun to watch.  They were running around like crazy with huge smiles.

 We stayed there until about 6pm.  Chip and Scott watched the Rose Bowl (since the first was on Sunday this year) and we all hung out.  It was a great afternoon and saying good bye wasn't so hard since they were going to stop by Disneyland to visit us.   But we needed to get over to the hotel and get checked in since technically it was 8pm Texas time and I didn't know how long Danielle would last.

 We stayed at the Disney Grand Californian.  It is a nice hotel and the closest to the parks which is just awesome!  It even has its own entrance to California Adventure.   While I was checking us in, Lily found the cute little rocking chairs in front of the TV constantly playing Disney cartoons. 

  
When we checked in Lily got birthday balloons and an autographed birthday picture of the Princesses.
Before we could go to bed we had to find some dinner.  So we headed downstairs to the Storyteller Cafe.  Since it was way late by now, I gave Danielle some toys to help keep her occupied.  She is not really used to toys in her carrier -- as you can tell by the look on her face!!    Danielle ended up falling asleep on my shoulder during dinner and Lily nearly fell asleep at the table.  It was a long day, but we needed to go get a good night's sleep for Disneyland!

0 comments: