I was really hoping and trying to wait until Danielle was officially 6 months old to start solid foods. Lily started at 5 months and one week since we were going to be out of town in Merced and Monterey (for Ray and Renee's wedding) when she turned 6 months and I thought it would be easier to have food to feed her rather than nurse her the whole time. But for my itty bitty baby Danielle I wanted to wait. However, lately it seemed more and more like she needed something extra to eat. My once wonderful sleeper at night now doesn't sleep at all. Well, not at all -- just not consistently. Once last week she slept 9 hours straight and then another night she was literally up every 40 minutes. Most often it is up every 2 hours which is still NOT good. It is starting to effect me. Apparently I am leaving the garage door open, leaving doors open and just starting to lose it. I don't feel it, but I know it is getting to me. Plus, when she used to wake up she would easily go back to sleep, but lately she wants to eat -- every time. And she eats for awhile. So I thought maybe she was hungry and milk alone wasn't enough. Her doctor agreed it was okay to start her on food. I wasn't planning on it fixing her sleeping habits (and it has not), but I didn't want to starve her either. So I got her some oatmeal. I skipped the rice cereal since it does nothing by constipate them (our doctor, again, agreed with me).
Checking out her new food.
Hmmmm . . .
. . . I think I like this!!
She ate nearly the whole bowl the first night with minimal spills. The last two nights she has scarfed it down and wanted more. She loves it and does not mess around when it is time to eat. As I mentioned her sleeping habits have not improved, but that is fine. This won't last forever and soon I will miss having a baby to wake me all night long. But at least I have no regrets about starting her on food. It isn't too early for her -- she is loving it!





0 comments:
Post a Comment