Sunday, January 8, 2012

Headed Home

On Thursday afternoon, I though it would be fun (for me and Lily) to eat "lunch" on Main Street at the Bakery, Candy Shoppe and Ice Cream place!  I just wanted to go wild and purge.  So I was beyond disappointed when all three were closed for remodeling.  Instead we ended up going to the smaller candy store in Downtown Disney and eating a real lunch.   But, Lily never got a chance to eat the M&M covered pretzel she picked out so I let her go at it in the morning as we were packing up the room (I didn't want to take it with me). 


I wanted to just order room service for breakfast, but Lily was adamantly against that and insisted that we go out for our last meal.  I didn't realize that she was thinking we could go back to Disneyland to eat.  So she was way disappointed to learn that we didn't have tickets for the parks today and our only real choice (real easy since I didn't want to go out to Downtown Disney -- I was trying to hurry in hopes of seeing Linda and Jeremy again before the airport) was the Storyteller Cafe in the hotel where she swore she would NEVER eat again and actually cursed every time we walked by.  But we convinced her the breakfast would be different and got her to return to the restaurant.  They had a little character breakfast going on with "critters" so it was fun and Lily quickly forgot how much she hated that place after she got sick there.


After breakfast we went out to buy our souvenirs -- a Christmas ornament for me, a Mickey Mouse house to match the one Aunt Linda and Uncle Scott bought Lily, an Ariel/Sleeping Beauty doll for Lily and Minnie Mouse and Princess dolls for Danielle.
The view of the front of the hotel from our balcony as we packed up to leave.  This trip went by WAY too fast and was WAY too short. 


I was so excited and apprehensive for this trip.  I was worried about how Danielle would do.  I have to say I am SO proud of that baby!!  She was amazing and such a trooper.  When I stop to think that we actually took a 4 month old baby to Disneyland for 3 straight days, I have to wonder what the hell I was thinking.  But it was so easy, I'd do it again.  I can't say enough good things about that little girl. She helped to make it a very fun vacation and I can't wait to do it again in a couple years when she is old enough to enjoy it too.

Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to stop to say hi and bye to Linda and Jeremy.  I hated leaving California without spending more time with them or visiting with any friends.  But we had a great family vacation and I think Lily had the best birthday ever.   So we headed back to the airport in our rental Jeep Cherokee (which I can't believe I forgot to get a photo of!  I always get rental car pictures!) 2 large suitcases, one stroller bag, two car seat bags, three carry-ons and a boppy.  I have to say that the logistics of it all, which really worried me, wasn't bad at all!  Chip was a pro handing all the luggage and we each had only one carry on.  Lily was responsible and kept her backpack full of toys with her.  All in all, in was a highly successful trip!  I think we are ready to take on Europe next! 
On the plane.  No one really wanted to leave.  Lily refused to leave for awhile, but gave up and boarded anyway.
 
Danielle slept most the flight home too.  Both flights were perfect!  I sure do hope she is always this easy!!
Lily passed out as well.  It was a big week for her.





0 comments: