Monday, January 9, 2012

Lily's Birthday Party

We had Lily's birthday party on Sunday.  This year she wanted to have it at a gymnastic or bounce house place.  She didn't want anything too girly because she really wanted her boy friends from school to be able to come to her party too.  We attended a fun party at a local gymnastic place a few years ago, so we decided to have it there since they have trampolines and a bounce house slide -- perfect for Lily.  It was so weird how easy it all was.  I am used to throwing the parties which requires a lot of planning, shopping and work (which I love), but this year I just had to bring a cake and favors -- they did everything else.  It was great since we just got back from California, but strange to not have control!
 I decided to keep the favors simple this year -- instead of shopping for separate boy and girl toys.  So we got Rainbow whirly pops that everyone can enjoy.  I did get to have a bit of fun making the little "bouquet" and tags.

 Lily wanted a Strawberry Shortcake theme this year.  So we got a Strawberry Shortcake cake! 
 And a Strawberry Shortcake shirt.
 Party Time!!
 Lily has never been a big fan of the foam pit before, but she was loving it today!!

 Bouncing with Hadley and Carys.
 Since she is 5 now, Lily is a lot more daring.  She even said that she can do things like this now because she is 5. 

 Emily jumping in the foam pit.
 The kids had tons of fin running around like crazy, bouncing, playing in the foam pit and just going wild.

 Playing with Logan and Matthew.
 Foam fight!

 Then it was game time.  The kids had to get foam blocks from the pit for a foam war.  What they didn't know at first was that it was kids vs parents.  It was fun!
 The kids all ready to go to "war".



 They were all having so much fun.  I was so glad that Lily had a huge smile on her face the whole party!
 They played a couple more games.  This one involved crawling and acting like animals.
 The whole gang!
Matthew, Emily, Parker, Eagen, Hailey, Logan, Justin, Ben, Callie, Taylor, Lily, Hadley, Hannah, Makayla, Ashley, Carys, Madelyn, Christie (not pictured - Paisley and Madison & babies, Danielle, Abby, Matthew and Blake)

 More play time on the other side of the gym.






After a little over an hour of play, it was time for cake and ice cream.



 With Hailey and Ashley
After the party we got to go home and open all her presents!   It was a fun party and I think everyone had a good time.  I know Lily did and that is all that matters.

1 comments:

YAH-YAH said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLIAN EMILY,

WOW WHAT A NEAT 5TH BIRTHDAY** ONE YOU WILL NEVER FORGET...

SEE YOU SOON HOPEFULLY..

LOVE YOU,
AUNT PAM, UNCLE ASHLEY AND SHAUN