Tonight, as is the tradition on the night before Easter, we dyed our eggs. Lily was all excited since I bought the "Disney Princess" dye, but then disappointed that the eggs were just eggs and not Princess eggs. But once we told her that we got to color them and make them Princess eggs she was excited again! :)
We used this plastic table cloth last year too and it is perfect since I spilled dye and Lily tends to splash everywhere when she drops in the eggs.
Daddy coaching her on gently dropping in the eggs.
With the Princess wrapping that is supposed to go around the egg -- but it was way too big.


Photo by Lily

Using the clear crayon to add some design to her egg.
With her "Lily" egg.


She cracks me up. Crazy girl!
The finished product. We did about 20 eggs since I am using them for deviled eggs tomorrow and I wanted to have some extras just in case they wouldn't peel or we broke them or I messed it up somehow. :) Plus I got a free dozen at the market the other day, so we had tons of eggs.
Also, this year I bought 2 packs of dye. The first I got like a month ago and then I saw the package that comes with the plastic cups and I remembered I liked those better so I don't have to use my own cups. So I ended up buying 2 packs. We opened them both to get all the stickers and fun stuff out and on a whim I decided to add 2 color tablets (of the same color, of course) to each cup and it was awesome. The colors were so much brighter and you didn't have to wait as long for good color. I hope I remember this trick next year!
0 comments:
Post a Comment