Thursday, April 1, 2010

Let's Go Fly A Kite! (and get locked in the car)

I have been feeling so overwhelmed lately and spread so thin. It seems like I always have a zillion things to do or places to go. It is great and I love all our outings and play dates, but I am tired. Nonetheless, I have to add extra to my load. . . .


Lily recently found the kite the Easter Bunny brought her last year that we never got around to using. She has been begging to go out and fly it -- she has never flown a kite before! At the time she found it, it wasn't windy so we couldn't go. Of course this week when I am super busy, it is super windy. But I squeezed in some kite time anyway and surprised her after school by picking her up with the kite and a picnic lunch in the car. I even invited Elise and Trent to join us. Needless to say, Lily was really excited.
You can tell by her hair, it was a windy day.

Elise and Lily chasing after the kite.

Courtney and Lily

It's a Strawberry Shortcake kite.

Lily flying the kite!
The string isn't up straight since I was holding onto it too. It was really windy and I knew if I let her hold it on her own that kite would be long gone by now. But she didn't seem to notice that I was helping her out.


Lily and Trent



.......................
After lunch at the park, Lily and I had to run to the mall where I had to carry her out literally kicking and screaming. It is the third day in a row that I had to carry her out of somewhere kicking and screaming. First after the class social with Matthew and Carys -- she didn't want to leave and was not obeying me; then yesterday at Emily's she didn't want to leave and was not obeying me and today at the mall she was not obeying me, so I told her no Disney store and needless to say, she was not happy. Argh. After the mall, we still had to run to the market to get fruit for our playgroup Easter party tomorrow. She did good at the market and got to push her mini cart, but then somehow -- I have NO idea how, since I am always SO careful about this -- I locked Lily, my phone, and keys in the car!!!!!!! Lily was all strapped into her car seat, so she couldn't help. I remained totally calm and asked the first person I saw if I could borrow her cell phone and immediately called Chip. He freaked out and sped over. Thankfully, he was only 15 minutes away and it was only 75 degrees out with a nice breeze. While we waited for Chip, I tried to get her to unbuckle her seat belt, but the buttons and straps were too hard and she couldn't get it (which I suppose is a good thing). Lily was totally fine and laughing and not freaking out all. What she didn't like was all the attention she was getting. Market Street is a really nice market and they insist on carrying your groceries to the car for you. So there were a lot of employees in the parking lot who saw what was going on --me talking to my car. So they had to alert the managers who all came out to offer assistance, bring water and make sure we were okay. They were all so very nice, but Lily was not liking all the strange men waving and talking to her through the window. Chip got there pretty quickly and was pretty pissed off at me. But Lily didn't care -- she just had to pee, so we raced home, went potty and got ready for her nap. Sadly, I have no photos since my camera was locked in too!

0 comments: