Sunday, April 11, 2010

Livin' On A Prayer

Last night Chip and I went to the Bon Jovi concert with our friends Patti and Bryan and their friends Debbie and Eric. We met a few hours before the show in Dallas for dinner. It was so nice to get out with Chip and friends.

The restaurant was only a couple blocks from the American Airline Center and within total walking distance, but we still took advantage of the random free party bus that was shutting people to the venue.


On the bus.

The last time I saw Bon Jovi was at The Pond of Anaheim in 2001. We literally had some of the worst seats in the house and were in the very very top row up at the ceiling. It was comical. I'd never had such bad seats before then, and hadn't again since. So when Bryan got these tickets and said the seats weren't all the great, I figured they could no be any worse than last time. What are the freakin' odds that we would be seated in the very very top row up at the ceiling AGAIN?!? It is a Bon Jovi curse!!!
But it was still fun (and hot and stuffy) way up there at the top! They put on a great show and there is no way one can not enjoy themselves at a Bon Jovi show! Even if you didn't care for the music, it is highly entertaining watching all the old ladies rock out. Seriously, I was one of the youngest people there. It was a cougar fest -- lots of groups of women in the 40's and 50's who left the kids (and bras) at home, teased their hair, crammed into their leather pants or old skinny jeans, grabbed their animal print purse and were ready to party! It was awesome.


I didn't bring my big bulky camera -- so all the photo were taken with my phone. Not the greatest, but at least I have some memories.
After the show, Chip and I hopped back on the party bus to our car. It was a definite highlight of the night -- they were rocking the Bon Jovi and the whole bus (which was filled to capacity -- people standing in the aisles and all) was singing at the top of their lungs. There was even a brief moment where we thought we were on the wrong bus and Chip was freaking out, but I wasn't really worried. We got dropped off right at our lot and found out they run these free buses downtown for all events at the AA center! It is awesome and kinda reminded me of Bill's Bus at UCSB. It was a fun night out.

0 comments: