Friday afternoon my Mom, Linda, Scott and Jeremy came over and we walked to the park to play. Well most of us walked, Lily sat on her bike, attempted to ride and ended up being pushed to the park. I know she could petal if she really wanted to -- I think she is just too stubborn and enjoys being pushed like a princess.
(she didn't actually go down the slide -- just used it as a chair)
She ended up pushing him the whole way home and did a really good job.
Lily is always all ready to go, but usually loses interest pretty quickly once we get out there.



After naps, we headed over to the golf course to go fishing.
The weather was great, with a slight breeze.
Lily just likes to reel her line in over and over.

(I didn't get a photo -- but around this point in the evening, Lily learned how to pee outdoors like a real woman! Her first squatting in nature experience.) :)
While we are all fishing, my Dad suddenly pulls out a tray of meatballs and starts offering meatballs to everyone as a snack. It was so random and hilarious.

He is SOOOO cute!!
I just love all his facial expressions.

The sun was setting behind the clouds. It was beautiful.
We weren't catching any fish where we were, which is rare. So Dad headed to another smaller pond to see if he could catch anything there. Somehow, I ended up holding the pole and caught the first fish of the night . . . .
I hate fish. And this poor little guy was DOA. Not sure how I managed to catch a dead fish, but I did. I think he swallowed the hook so good and deep that it killed him as I was reeling him in. Did I mention, I hate fishing?
Lily just wanted to play in the carts. She was "driving the meatballs" around. :)
We moved spots again and Dad caught a fish (a live one!).
Big smiles for Aunt Vicki Vicki Vicki

But without a doubt, the highlight of the evening was when we were packing up and getting ready to go in and had to dispose of all the extra meatballs -- so we threw them into the water hazard!! We had meatball tossing contests and even discovered that you could skip meatballs on the water like rocks. It was so funny and fun!
1 comments:
I LOVE the randomness of the meatballs and the throwing competition!! Your parents look happier than I've ever seen them and I know how they feel. We feel the same way when we're with our grandkids!!! The lighting and your descriptions of the photos are so good and I love the sunset photo. What a beautiful place to live!
Post a Comment