Thursday, April 9, 2009

Elmo, Kai & Cake!

Our last full day in CA was a busy one. And I am going to warn you -- there are a zillion pictures!!! Our first stop was to Hollywood to see the exhibit Sesame Street: The Body at Hollywood and Highland. I had mentioned to Lily that we were going and apparently she could not wait any longer for us to leave . . .


She strapped herself in her stroller and waited by the front door!!
I took her outside to entertain her while we waited for my sister to get there -- and I took the opportunity to get a shot of my rental car! I love rental cars! :)

Yeah, Aunt Linda is here - "Let's go guys!!"

I know how cute Lily is, but I got a real kick out of the 2 random families of Asian tourists who asked if they could take their photo with her!! How funny is that?? So don't be shocked if you see Lily's face on advertisements in Asia someday soon!

In front of the sign for the Sesame Street exhibit!

The theme was "the body" so they had a lot of hands-on displays showing how digestion works and describing parts of the body. Here my Mom is starting the digestion process by having the mouth eat the food . . .

And here Lily is at the end of the process at the poo machine which would pass gas when you pressed the button! Good times.

Lily loved the thing that makes an imprint of your hand (not sure of it's proper name and i am too tired to even try to find out)


Playing on the cash register inside Hooper's Store!

Buying fruits and vegies



It's Dorothy!!

Lily was all excited to meet Elmo until we actually got close to him -- as you can see she ran off screaming and crying . . .
But I got a nice picture with him!! :)

Playing on The Count's Organ Organ -- each key was a different body part. You'd press a key and The Count would say something like "One Pancreas" "Two Kidneys", etc


Mom and Linda in Elmo's world -- Lily was not into posed pictures today!

working on tying a shoe

Me and Dorothy!
Lily in Elmo's world. I got a big kick out of being in Elmo's World! It was pretty cool!

She loved pretending to wash her hands -- I finally had to make her get down, she would have stayed up there all day!


We had to get a picture on the famous stoop!

Again, Lily was not into getting her picture taken!
Finally, she climbed up on her own

Desperately trying to get a picture in front of Hooper's Store
(You can tell that Lily is one worn out little kid!)

So I posed . . .
And so did Linda!
back to her favorite hand toys

Playing in Hooper's Store again

I just thought it was so neat to have Sesame Street recreated so we could play in the stores and stuff!! I guess I watch too much Sesame Street, but I was loving it!

Playing in the play area before it was time to leave and go get lunch!Picture at the "casting couch" while we waited for our table at CPK -- the Hollywood sign is in the background, but hard to see.

It was nice to be "home" again, but also nice to remember why I don't live in LA anymore! :)

She was a little crazy and uncontrollable -- we had to leave lunch before everyone was done. But she has had a super busy week and been quite the trooper, all things considering!

They were filming an episode of "Weeds" while we were there. You can tell I am a jaded LA person, since I wasn't too excited (although I did try to get some pics just to blog) and was more annoyed that it was so crowded with tourists trying to watch!

Before we left Hollywood & Highland, we had to go to the Gap to get a baby gift for our friend Summer who we were headed out to visit. Linda had to keep Lily enteratined while we shopped since Lily's patience was running low!
A quick picture on Hollywood Blvd. We had taken Lily last year and took pictures in front of all the stars and touristy things -- so we skipped that today since we had to get on the road to Seal Beach to see Summer and her new baby boy, Kai!
Lily loves babies and was just as obsessed with Kai. It was great to see Summer -- her Mom and my Mom have been friends since Jr High, and Linda and Summer were born 2 days apart! So needless to say, I have known Summer since she was born -- she is esentially part of the family!
Precious baby Kai.
...........................

After we got home, we had a mini celebration for my birthday next week. We were going to go out or to Chuck E Cheese, but we were all so tired and Lily is just spent from all the excitement this week. So instead we opted to prder pizza and get a Boston Cream Pie from Marie Callendars and ice cream from Baskin Robbins -- it was perfect!

Even though we were suppposed to be celebrating MY birthday -- Lily got a whole bunch of Easter presents from Aunt Linda and Uncle Scott! Linda was nice enough to wrap them since she knows how much Lily loves to unwrap gifts! She got a Mr. Potato head bunny, an Elmo book, bubbles, candy, a Care Bear dressed as a bunny (super cute) and a water color book -- at least I think that was all she got! Thanks guys!


She gets so excited when she opens gifts -- it is too cute.
Eating her first ever Peep!
I got a Target gift card and an awesome handbag!! Thank agains Linda & Scott!!
Lily taking pictures (of her fingers) with Linda's camera.

Happy Birthday to Me! Lily blew out my candle, which is only fair since I blew hers out for her on her birthday!! Only 3 months later and now she has mastered it!! In fact, she did it twice since singing Happy Birthday is her favorite when we were done she said "Again, again!" So we did it all over again! :)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Once again, I'm worn out from seeing your busy day! Thanks for the great photos of the Sesame Street exhibit. I will try to take Ari to see it while it's still in L.A. I'm pretty sure that Katie and Brady saw it a few years ago when it was in Phoenix. Happy birthday (a week early) bet you will be glad to keep celebrating it once you get back home, too! Hope you will be back out here again soon. Becky's planning a repeat of Ari's 1st birthday party at Griffith Park for his 2nd birthday if June's not too soon for you! Jeff and Steph will be coming this time.

Erin said...

The Asian tourists taking pics with Miss Lily cracks me up. When we were younger we took a family trip to Hawaii and the same thing happened to Josh! He kept disappearing at the beach because these Asian families would grab him to take pictures with. So funny!