Monday, April 20, 2009

Perfect Spring Day at the Arboretum

This morning we went to the Dallas Arboretum with some friends from the MOMS Club. We are supposed to go again this week or next with some friends from Gymboree, so I bought a membership! After that I only have to go one more time and it has paid for itself! I would like to go back again in the fall, at Christmas time and next spring -- now I have zero excuses not to go!! So be prepared to see lots of pictures from the Arboretum in future blog posts! :) It is extra fun there now since through the end of the year they have 15 "Storybook Playhouses" set up throughout the Arboretum. Lily really liked going through all the houses (and we didn't even get to see them all in the 2 hours we were there!). Each one is based on a different children's book and built by local architects and sponsored by local companies. It was fun and nice for her to have something to do there besides pose in front of flowers while I desperately try to get a decent picture (didn't get any good ones today). The weather was perfect this morning and it was such a beautiful day to hang out at the Arboretum!

The "Teremok" House (apparently it is a Russian folktale - I'd never heard of it)

She wanted to push for awhile which was fine with me!

Walking with her friend Grace (who is carrying a box of bubbles).

"City Green" House

"City Green" House again.

Inside the "City Green" house -- I'm not familiar with this story either, but the houses were a big hit!

The fountains were a lot of fun! She was hesitant at first, but seemed to enjoy it, without really getting wet. I think the local splash parks will be a big hit this summer!


Trying to grab the water.

"One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" House

"Alice In Wonderland" House

She saw the ducks and had to go say hi!

With her friend Ava in the "James and the Giant Peach" House.

Grace brought bubbles for everyone!

Stopping to pet the coyote statues . . .

And ride the coyote statues!

All the kids were obsessed with trying to get the marble ball out of the lions mouth in front of the bamboo forest.

She was getting tired and refused to get out of the stroller -- but I had to get a photo of her next to the Lilies!

Such a beautiful spot for a photo with White Rock Lake in the background, but again she was pretty tired -- maybe next time we'll get a better picture!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Cute pics...I want to go check that place out! City Green is a story from one of our reading anthologies...3rd grade? I forget now..it's a good story!
Lily is growing so fast! And so cute-ly...:-)

Karen said...

What a great day! I love the arboretum and hope to visit this one someday. The storybook houses are fantastic! Good call getting the annual pass. Hopefully you'll get more photos of Lily with lillies!

Anonymous said...

HI LILY AND VICKI***

WELL, ANOTHER REALLY FUN PLACE, EH!!

SUPER NEAT PICS... AND CANNOT BELIEVE HOW TALL LILY IS GETTING.... SOOOO GLAD SHE HAS MADE ALOT OF FRIENDS IN TEXAS.. :)

HUGS N LOVE,
AUNT PAM AND THE GUYS