Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our Morning At The Farm

This morning Lily and I went to the Owens Spring Creek Farm with the MOMS Club -- well actually just with Michelle and her son Davey, since they were the only other ones to show up! Lily was SO excited to see the animals and go to the farm, she sang Old Macdonald all morning long! It is funny since it is a little farm with a petting zoo, and next door is the headquarters and factory for Owens food (which I have seen in the market here and apparently is in 49 states) -- and in most of the pictures I took it looks like a cute little country farm, which it was, but not so much in the country. Directly across the street is the local Samsung headquarters as well as many other big buildings and companies! I was a littler hesitant going in case there were pigs (ya know, because of the swine flu), but they only had 2 potbelly pigs in the back and we stayed away from them (which is ironic since Owens Foods makes mostly sausage and sausage sandwiches). It was a fun little outing and Lily really really enjoyed all the animals. There were goats, sheep, cows, horses, donkeys, the 2 pigs, and ducks. She has already been asking to go back.


The farm, and factory in the back.

First stop was feeding the goats and since we were among the first ones there they were hungry!

Poor things all lines up begging for food!



Lily was having fun -- she pointed out the baby goat, and the Mommy goat & Daddy goat! And there was even a grandma and grandpa goat, according to Lily!


It is hard to see since the photo is small here on the blog, but this view is looking out onto the street, which is the city view -- as compared to the country looking view the other way.

We got to take a hay ride and had the whole thing to ourselves!!


Clapping for an animal (I think).

Looking at the mini ponies.

My little flower.


Since the farm wasn't too far from the golf course, Lily and I stopped in and said hi to Daddy, Grandpa and Paula. But Lily was pretty upset that she didn't get to see Grandma, so Grandma came over before nap time to feed (or try to feed) Lily her lunch and play some.

1 comments:

Karen said...

I think the flower photos are so cute! It's awesome that she thought the goats were all family, including Grandma and Grandpa!! If you click on a photo in the blog, you can see it full size (so I saw the city view) then you just use the back arrow to get back to regular size :-)