Sunday, April 12, 2009

We're Home!

Friday was our last day in California. Our plane departed from the OC at 4:40, so we had the morning to do something. But since Lily was just worn out from the week's activities we decided to stay at home, pack, clean up and let her get in a short, but proper, nap (since the previous 2 days she just took short naps in the car) before we got on the plane. Her ritual was to talk on the phone while my Mom fed her. Or she'd make my Mom talk on the phone while my Mom fed her -- either way, someone had to be on the phone!

Linda and Scott came over to spend the morning with us. Lily took the books off the book shelf and read them to Uncle Scott.

Waking up from her nap at Grandma's (California) house

Can you say "road rage"? :)
Watching the planes at the airport!
Thankfully the flight back is an hour shorter since the wind works in our favor. Lily did well, but was a completely different child than the one on the plane ride to California. She was ready to get home and back to her schedule -- although I know she'll miss Anda and Uncle Scott!!!
Finally home and super excited to see Daddy! Daddy was excited too -- I think this is his "I missed my baby" face. :)
...........................
Saturday I didn't get a second to rest or recuperate! We had to clean the house since we were having Easter here, and my great friend Kristen was in town for business! Thanks Radio Disney!! :) She had to attend a store opening with some Tween star only 20 minutes away on Saturday afternoon and then came over immediately after to hang out with us and spend the night!!
Lily was excited to see her and to my surprise warmed up to her immediately!

Kristen claims to not be good with kids -- but she was awesome playing with Lily!


We took Kristen by the golf course and then the two of us went out to dinner. Since it was Easter Eve, we had to dye the Easter eggs when we got home!

I had a left over plastic table cloth from Lily's birthday -- so it was perfect to spread out over the sink so Lily could go at it and dye the eggs!

The girls!
Lily had just tossed an egg into the dye and it splashed all over -- I love the shocked look on Chip's face.

Here Lily's face is anticipating the splash.

Lily had fun dying the eggs, which was great! Usually I just dye them all since no one else is into it -- so it is wonderful to finally have a buddy in my holiday traditions! (not sure why she needed her purse, though)



Our Eggs!

It was so nice having Kristen over -- but the visit was way too brief!! She got up and left this morning at 5am for a 7:30 flight! The poor thing had to drive through the worst storm to get to the airport! I couldn't sleep, I was worried about her. But after a few wrong turns she made it and surprisingly her flight still departed on time!! Hopefully she is sent out to Dallas again soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY EASTER A BIT LATE.....

IT HAS BEEN CRAZY HERE AND HAD A BIG ANNIVERSARY FELLOWSHIP AT CHURCH THIS AFTERNOON AN THEN AGAIN AT NITE... UNCLE ASHLEY HAD TO WORK, SO HE CAME BY AFTER HE GOT OFF.... WE ALL STAYED TIL 9:30 AND THEN SOME FRIENDS CAME HERE FOR AWHILE....

I WANTED TO CALL, BUT WILL DO IT SOOOOOOOOON..

AGAIN, THANKS FOR ALL THE BLOG AND PICS..

LOVE AUNT PAM