I try to blog nearly everyday so I will never forget the little things that Lily and I do on a day to day basis. It is easy to remember to take pictures on vacations or during holiday celebrations, but I love to capture her day to day routine. Of course not everyday is playgroups, parks and fun. Too often (especially lately) we have challenging moments that I never get to document (or choose not to). But this is our reality. Lily is a stubborn little 2 year old who loves to push her boundaries. This afternoon she was playing with her play-doh at the kitchen table and I was cleaning up in the kitchen. All was going well until I noticed that she was just balling up her play-doh and throwing it on the floor. So I asked her nicely to stop and she did not. I told her if she threw one more piece on the floor, I was going to take it away from her. So what does Lily do. She balls up the tiniest little piece, holds out her hand in defiance; looks at me sideways with her eyes squinted just daring me to do something. So I tell her again, don't drop it! And just like that her little hand opens and the play-doh falls to the floor. So I immediately and calmly take her out of her booster seat and start cleaning up and putting away her play-doh and toys. This is her reaction:
After, 10 minutes of hysterics and a few hugs and kisses, she was perfectly fine -- like it never happened. She didn't even ask to play with her play-doh again. She started playing with her puzzles and dolls, laughing and having fun. Just another day. . .:)
2 comments:
HI VICKI N LILY,
IT WAS GOOD TO TALK TO YOU BOTH THE OTHER DAY....
WISH I HAD SOME OF SHAUNS TERRIBLE 3'S... THAT IS WHEN HE PUSHED THE ENVELOPE.. :)
LOVE AND MISS YA'LL AUNT PAM
Hey, it's everyday life that you're documenting. The bad comes with the good, but the good usually outweighs it all!
Post a Comment