Well, apparently Lily didn't get the memo yesterday afternoon that for my birthday all I really wanted to do was chill out while she took a nice long nap. Nope, she woke up just as I finished blogging!! Barely an hour of sleep. So unlike her. So I had to entertain a somewhat still tired child for hours longer than normal. Initially she asked to sit in her booster seat to play with the plastic eggs on the table, so I said sure. The eggs are in the glass bowl that acts as my centerpiece and I didn't want her playing with that -- so I gave her some plastic bowls.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
The Rest of My Birthday
(Santa jammies and Easter Eggs, she is multi-holiday)
To my surprise she was totally content for awhile, but then she wanted me to sit with her at the table so I suggested we play on the floor since I didn't really want to sit at the table. It was there that discovered the joys of hitting the eggs with her plastic golf clubs and watching them bounce and fly across the room.When we went back inside, I was trying to get her to relax with me, but she refused and wanted to go play in the other room. I kept trying to find other things to do, so I could relax on the couch, but finally I gave in and went with her. And I am SO glad I did -- she had the accessories to her little wooden birthday cake set all laid out and said "Now it is time to sing Happy Birthday to Mommy" and put a little wooden candle on the cake and started to sing. I was SO touched! It was SO sweet! Chip came home not long after and I tried to get some of her singing on video. She was a little shy with Chip and the camera, but you get the idea:
Posted by Vicki at 3:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is the sweetest birthday song ever! She is so cute!!! I love that Chip heard the "hints" and you got your Coldstone cupcake, too. You are a very lucky girl!
Post a Comment