This morning on our way home from Gymboree, while en route to the market, Lily and I made a quick pitstop to take some pictures in the beautiful Texas Bluebell wildflowers. There are some great ones in a median on the road by our house and we always see people who have stopped to take pictures, but I have been weary about stopping and hanging out in the middle of the street! Then today I noticed a nice little field of them next to a walking trail right off the street, which is much more accessible, so we stopped! Not surprising, it was really hard to get a decent picture of Lily and the flowers since she would not stop for a second. She just wanted to run among the flowers and down the trail (further reinforcing why the median would have been a bad idea!) But at least we got some shots in -- I am sure this will become a tradition since the Bluebell is the state flower of Texas and they are super proud of them here!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Texas Bluebells
Posted by Vicki at 1:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the photos of Lily playing in the field of flowers (and not on the highway!!) It looks like you are having so much fun there and I can't wait to see the photos of the new valances and stars (from yesterday) too!
HI**
WHAT PRETTY FLOWERS.. AND LILY IS HAVIN A GREAT TIME RUNNING THROUGH THE FIELDS.... HER HAIR IS GROWING ALOT... SHE REMINDS ME OF YOUR MAMA WHEN WE WERE LITTLE, IN SOME OF THE PICS... AND SOME LIKE YOU VICKI........
MISS YOU ALL,
AUNT PAM
Post a Comment