Last week I discovered a large lump on Britney's tail. I was super freaked out about it, but calmed down some after Chip informed me that it had been there for some time (apparently he has told me about it, but I don't recall that at all). She has been perfectly fine and normal, so I was hoping it was only an absence that they could drain or lance off. Lily and I brought her to the vet today where they did a mini biopsy of the fluid in the lump and said that at first they thought it was only an absence, but it isn't looking like it now. Since the lump is so large (about the size of a golf ball), the only choice is to amputate her tail and send it all off to a lap for a pathology report. So my baby is currently at the vet getting her tail cut off. I am so sad, but really hope that is the worst of it. I feel so terrible that I didn't catch this sooner so that we could have avoided the full tail amputation. She should be home tomorrow while we await the results of the full biopsy. Lily is sad too since she and Britney are really close, which is crazy since Britney was the psycho attack cat -- but she has always been really good and sweet with Lily (under close supervision, of course). Here is a picture of Lily and Britney at the vet today. I wish I could have taken more of her and her tail, but they were quick and efficient and I didn't get the chance.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Britney
Posted by Vicki at 12:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am sorry about Brittany. I hope she is okay.
Post a Comment