Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend At Home

The weather this weekend has been absolutely beautiful! Just perfect fall weather. Unfortunately it was kinda wasted on us. Chip has been home sick with the cold Lily had last weekend and I had earlier in the week. Poor Chip always seems to get it the worst. Hopefully he is feeling better tomorrow since we had planned to go to the Pumpkin Patch and Arboretum on his day off. It will be a big day, but with only one free day a week we have to cram in what we can!

So Lily and I have stuck close to home to take care of Daddy. We did get out for a little walk to my parents house yesterday to get the mail and flush the toilets (house sitting duties). And today Lily helped me do some yard work out front. Last year at Christmas time we bough 4 big bags of mulch for the front flowerbeds since they looked terrible and the mulch they had was very sparse. Well, 10 months later I finally put it in! :) It was an easy enough job, it was just a matter of getting it done. I didn't get any pictures of that since I just wanted to go out and get it done, but trust me it looks better. I did get some photos yesterday of our walk:

She wanted to ride there, but then walked home.

Her saggin little jeans. There is no diaper to fill out the rear!

Look at all the supplies we need to walk a half mile! Water, change of clothes in case of accident, jacket, wipes, camera . . .

We thought we'd stop at the pond to visit Kermit and Manny, Moe and Jack (all the frogs we have freed there), but as soon as we walked up we got swarmed by a flock of hungry ducks! All my supplies and no food -- next time I will plan better!

Pointing at the ducks.

Photo by Lily.
......................
Last night my Dad came over to visit Lily. He got back into town yesterday afternoon and will be here for a few weeks.
He taught her how to draw a kitty, owl, duck, Mickey and Elmo using circles which she could already draw! She did a really good job!

Here they are working on drawing Elmo!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI**

SORRY TO HEAR CHIP HAS BEEN SICK....... GET WELL SOON...

GLAD YOU AND LILY ARE BETTER...

MISS YA LOVE AUNT PAM