Yesterday we loaded Chip up with DayQuil and headed out to play with pumpkins! October is a busy month with the Fair and all the Fall activities I like to go to and this year it has been a little more difficult with all the rain to make it to the Pumpkin Patch and Arboretum. Since Chip has only Mondays off that left only 2 more chances to go before it all closed up until next year and I didn't want to wait until next Monday in case the rain returned, so we crammed it all in yesterday!

Lily was happy and excited to finally go to the pumpkin patch!

Our first stop was the Dallas Arboretum.

It is so pretty and festive in the fall.

The pumpkin house is the big attraction!


Photo by Lily.

Lily had the most fun in the little Hay Bale Maze.

She made her own path on top of the hay.


hay!

Petting a pony.

Lily and me in the pumpkin house!


Lily will only pose for pictures if we also pose while she takes one of us. It is fine by me, she does a pretty good job and I get photos of Chip and me. So it is a great deal for me!

Lily LOVED the floating pumpkins. Not sure why she got such a kick out of them, but she was totally amused by them.


We got lunch at the Arboretum and had a picnic on the little hillside overlooking White Rock Lake. It was so nice -- I definitely want to do that again someday.



Lily was getting tired and Chip wasn't feeling up to exploring the entire Arboretum, so after we saw all the Fall pumpkins and special exhibits, we headed back to the car. Since it was Chip's first time there I wanted to show him all around, but to my surprise he really liked it there and agreed to come back one day when he was feeling better!! He had never really been excited about going before since he thought walking around looking at flowers sounded boring. But it actually enjoyed it! :)


Nap time!
The Arboretum is about 25 minutes one direction from our house and the pumpkin patch we like to go to is about 20 minutes the other way -- which makes for a good 45 minute drive and nap which is what I planned and hoped for. Thankfully, Lily went along with my plans yesterday!

Lily couldn't wait to get inside the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm!

She was loving feeding the goats and sheep. It was a totally different girl that the one who was scared of the same animals 2 weeks ago at the fair. Different day, different attitude. :)

She was SO cute talking to all the animals.



We each got a cup of feed and Lily fed them all 3 cups full and then wanted more.

Hay Ride!




Feeding the longhorn cows.

Daddy had to help her keep her hand open so they didn't bite her fingers.


Feeding the donkey.

The beginning of another hay maze!

Finally, time to pick a pumpkin!

"Heavy, Heavy"

With admission, we each got to pick a pumpkin -- so Lily was on a hunt for 3 perfect pumpkins.


Daddy and Mommy from Lily's point of view.


She was all excited to take a photo with Pooh.

I think riding on the tractor was her favorte part! She loves to sit and drive vehicles.

with Piglet.

I also have to mention how proud I am of Lily! In the morning before we left she had an accident on the bathroom floor, so I brought changes of clothes, a zillion pullups and wipes and was all ready for an interesting day considering we were gone nearly all day. But she totally surprised me at the Arboretum while we were having our picnic and she asked to go potty. She made it until we found a bathroom and her first experience in a public restroom was totally successful!! She even told us in the car ride home at the end of the day that she had to go, so we had to stop at the first place we saw -- a Wal Mart and had another successful potty break!! I was so extremely proud of my big girl. A whole busy day out and about and no accidents -- she didn't even go in her pull ups! It is kinda interesting to me that she never goes in her diapers or pull ups while we are out, but still has accidents in her panties at home. Strange.
Here is a video I took of her feeding the goats since she was SO cute. I had to cut it short since a bee was swarming around her neck and I had to save her! There is also an extra 20 seconds at the end that I filmed just for my sister -- so Linda be sure to watch through to the end! :)
2 comments:
HI YA'LL,
SO GLAD DADDY COULD GO TO THE FALL FESTIVITIES....
LOVED THE VIDEO.... I JUST WANT TO JUMP INTO IT AND SQUEEZE YOU LILY!!! I TALK TO THE ANIMALS TOO.. I STOP ON THE ROAD BY OUR HOUSE AND SOMETIMES HAVE A TREAT FOR THEM TOO... THERE ARE LOTS OF COWS, SOME DONKEYS AT TIMES, AN EMU AND ALSO A NEAT LAMA, AS WELL AS HORSES...
PLEASE COME SEE US SOON... WE MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH..
LOVE N PRAYERS,
AUNT PAMI, UNCLE ASHLEY AND SHAUNEE
Very funny:) And yes, I still think that is the first time I have heard a cow moo....
Lily is so cute in her little pumpkin shirt. I also LOVE her new green school outfit from a couple of posts ago. Too cute.
Post a Comment