Saturday, September 3, 2011

2 weeks old!

On Wednesday Danielle was officially 2 weeks old. We had a 2 week weigh in and check up at the doctor's office. Everything continues to look great! Her official 2 week stats are:

7 lbs 10.8 oz -- 27% (not quite back to birth weight, but gaining weight, so we are good!)
20 inches long -- 35%
Head Circumference is 14.25 inches -- 54%

The best news was that her doctor said as long as she is eating 8 times a day, I didn't necessarily have to wake her to feed in the middle of the night. Of course, the first few nights after getting the go ahead to sleep she was up constantly! But last night she slept for 5 hours and 4 hours -- only one night feeding! It was awesome, although I know better than to count on this happening very often.

She still won't sleep in her co-sleeper and only sleeps in the bouncer next to me on the bed while swaddled. During the day she hardly ever leaves my arms. The second I put her down she is wide awake. It is so sweet, but I'd like her to sleep in the pack in play or swing for just an hour a day -- that way I could get some work done around the house or go back to work. I'll gladly hold her the rest of the day -- I know this is not going to last forever and before I know it she will be in PreK too. Speaking of which, it is SO trippy and indescribable how much Lily has appeared to have grown in the last 2 weeks. Two short weeks ago she was my baby. Just a 4 year old who I would carry (pre pregnancy) and would always curl up in my lap. Now she seems HUGE. She barely fits in my lap and just seems like a whole different person, physically. It is strange and hard to describe. But her sweet disposition and thoughtfulness is still there. She is having some jealously issues. I think the last 10 weeks (with me on bedrest too) have been hard on her and she just wants her normal life back, but overall she is madly in love with Danielle. She is so sweet and loving to her. It is amazing to watch and I hope her love affair with her baby sister continues to grow.

Lily loves to hold her and mother her. If Dani starts to cry Lily will immediately start singing "Hush Little Baby" or "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". It is beyond sweet.




Lily had to take a 2 week photo too!



0 comments: