Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fresh Air

After one of the hottest summers on record (68 days of 100+ temps so far! The record is 69 days). It has finally started to cool off to highs in the 80s with temps in the 60s-70s in the morning. It is SO nice to actually be able to go outside again! I had hopes of walking to the park this week, but instead we have settled for play time in the backyard. Either way, I was excited to use Danielle's new stroller. It comes with a pram attachment that she will only be able to use for a few months, so I want to enjoy it while I can! :)
Chip got the stroller out of the box on Monday night. Lily was disappointment it wasn't a double stroller -- actually she was pretty pissed. She can be SO lazy, but she is going to be 5 years old and needs to learn how to walk more! That being said, I know Lily too well and purposely picked out this stroller since it was one of the only ones that had a board for her to stand on that held up to 50 pounds. She was pleased with her board and wants to ride on it constantly around the house, so she should be good for awhile on any long walks or trips. (and sadly yes, after nearly 2 years Chip got a haircut. Lily and I are mourning his longer hair, but he promises he is going to grow it back out -- it just got out of control and he needed to start over).

I was hoping Dani would fall asleep outside while Lily played.
I think she was too excited to actually be getting fresh air! This picture cracks me up and pretty much sums up how all of North Texas feels about the lower temps!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY VICKI***

HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT THE NICE WEATHER... :)

LOVE ALL THE PICTURES... THANKS SO MUCH..

COME SEE US SOOOOON... PLEASE,
AUNT PAMI

Karen said...

I especially love the last photo! The pram attachment and the standing board make this the perfect stroller for your girls. Can't wait to see you all next month!!!