Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Chip!

Thursday was Chip's birthday and not just any birthday . . . his dreaded 40th birthday! It seems like just yesterday we were in Vegas celebrating his 30th! I felt bad that we couldn't celebrate like that this year or really do anything too exciting, but it is kind of hard with a 5 week old baby to party too hard. But he had the day off work, so I though it would be fun as a family to go miniature golfing and get out. I wanted to do something outdoors to try to keep Danielle away from germs and in the fresh air. It ended up being a cool and cloudy day, so it was perfect to get outside.

But first, Lily and I had to make him a cake:


Licking the batter is always the best part!

He got special birthday morning cuddles from Dani.

There aren't really many mini golf courses here. I found this one online and it wasn't far at all, but it was kinda of generic and lacked any real fun obstacles. No castles, no windmills. It was pretty boring, so needless to say it didn't really hold Lily's attention for too long. But she had fun for a little while.

Danielle was in charge of keeping score.




After golf, we played around in the arcade. It was nice since we were literally the only ones there on a Thursday afternoon!
..............

After all that family fun, we were pretty hungry. But I was unsure how Dani would do in a restaurant. She is not a normal newborn that sleeps constantly. She hardly sleeps at all during the day, especially once you stop moving. So sitting still in a restaurant concerned me. But, I refuse to live in fear of my newborn and Chip really wanted a steak on his birthday so we got brave and went out to eat. Just as I suspected, as soon as she stopped moving she was awake. So I literally rocked her in her carrier the entire time we sat there. I had the worst cramp in my arm, but it was worth it to get Chip his birthday meal.

After lunch, Chip wanted to go to the PGA Superstore and since it was his birthday, we obliged. Lily and I had fun while he shopped. I think we were both just so excited to be out of the house that even the golf store was fun!
Lily: "Take my picture holding his hand!"
Lily: "Take my picture in the mirror".
Then we found the hats . . .

She looked SO cute in this hat, we actually bought it for her! She was the only one to get anything at the PGA store -- who saw that coming?!?


Danielle wore her "I Love Daddy" shirt for his big day. She even sat with him more than once, which is pretty significant since she usually only wants me.
Chip and his girls.


Opening his present. He got a stadium seat autographed by three Dallas Cowboys -- Jason Witten, Demarcus Ware and Miles Austin.

Happy Birthday Chip!

0 comments: