Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sleep Stories

I know I've talked a lot about Danielle's sleep patterns, but honestly at this age there isn't much else to talk about!! :) When Lily was a newborn, she pretty much slept in the swing for her first 3 months of life. We had tried the swing with Dani before, but she wasn't really feeling it. However, lately I have been nursing her and then rocking or bouncing her to sleep in my arms. I am trying to avoid some of the bad habits I got into with Lily such as exclusively nursing her to sleep. It made it impossible for anyone else to get her to sleep. Not that I am really planning on going anywhere, but if Chip or My mom has Dani at nap time and I am out somewhere with Lily, it would be very helpful if they could get her to sleep. So yesterday after she ate and I was trying to get her down, I tried putting a very relaxed Dani in the swing and it worked -- she feel asleep! It actually worked twice yesterday and she is in the swing now as I type. She still sleeps in the nap nanny at night and took a longer nap in the nanny yesterday as well, but it is nice to have variety and options -- then maybe she won't be insistent on only one way of getting to sleep. We'll see. . . . next week it may be something entirely different.

Up until yesterday it felt like she was awake more than asleep during a 24 hour period. She wasn't fussy or crying, she was just not sleeping or only sleeping for 5-15 minutes and waking up. But yesterday she slept all day and then gave me a 5 hour stretch and 3 hour stretch at night -- that is 8 whole hours of sleep for me!! Hopefully this is the sleep pattern that sticks around for awhile!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

TORY,

THIS BROUGHT BACK MEMORIES OF YOU AS A NEWBORN, AND INFANT, WHEN ALL OF US WOULD HOLD AND WALK WITH YOU, TO GET YOU TO SLEEP... GRANDMA, GRANDPA, YOUR MOM AND DAD, (OF COURSE), AND JACK AND I TOO... WE WOULD TRADE OFF, WHEN PLAYING CARDS AT THE KITCHEN TABLE...

DANI IS PRECIOUS... YA'LL ARE BLESSED*** LOVE YA AUNT PAMI