Thursday, August 7, 2008

All kinds of random stuff

Here are some random pictures from the last 24 hours (actually, the last 20 hours). Hardly a moment goes by where my camera is not flashing away! :)

Having fun playing in the pool.
I told her to pour the water on her head. At first she tried to pour it on my head, but I said no Lily pour it on your head, and the crazy girl actually listened to me!
Aaahh, water feels good. She poured cup after cup of water on herself!
..............................
After we came in from playing outside, I went to get the mail and was super excited to find a package for Lily from my Aunt Karen! It was the perfect little Lily package complete with an Elmo shirt, a Cheerios book and Cowboy boots! It was so thoughtful of her to think of Lily while she was going through items that belonged to my cousin's kids! Below is a picture of Chip and Lily looking at the Cheerios book. Lily can say "Cheerios" pretty well, so she just kept pointing to all the Cheerios and exclaiming, "Cheerios, Cheerios!"

...................................
Above is a picture of my parent's house that I took this morning. There is siding now and it looks like they are starting to do some stone work. I still need to go inside and check things out.
................................
It is Thursday, so that means we had Gymboree again this morning. I tried to take pictures last week, but none of them came out very well. But I managed to get a few this morning:

Lily on the trampoline. Not really jumping, more like running in place.

I think I'll just sit here and watch all the other kids run and play.

Look at all the other kids playing and having fun, while my Lily is . . . sleeping on the trampoline!! Silly Lily!

But she finally got up and had fun playing on the soft slide/obstacle thing (not sure of it's proper name!)



Here she is trying to climb up the slide.

...........................
She is warming up some to Gymboree, but it is definitely in baby steps. She still is not sure of the group participation, but she sat in the circle for a little bit today and then watched from the sidelines. And as much as she loves bubbles at home, when the teacher blows bubbles her way at Gymboree, she hides from them. She is a very shy girl.

1 comments:

Karen said...

Great photos from Gymboree and I especially love the one of Lily and Chip reading the Cheerios book! Thanks for relating the story about the package - glad to know that reading your blog has helped me to be aware of what pleases Lily! The photos of your parent's house are amazing - almost like watching it being built in fast-time-lapse photography.