Saturday, August 23, 2008

More Food Adventures / Progress On My Parent's House

Lily has been making some major progress with food this week. She has still been eating a lot of baby food since it is the only way to make sure she gets her fruits and vegies, as well as a variety of other foods. I posted earlier how she ate a banana, and on Wednesday while Chip and I were at Texas Stadium Lily ate almost an entire frozen baked ziti dinner! I buy myself lean cuisine and smart ones frozen meals to eat for lunch and dinner when Chip works late. It is just so easy and I am not about to cook just for myself. Since my Mom and Lily were here alone, my mom just decided to have one of my dinners. Apparently, Lily was more interested in the dinner and feeding herself with the big girl fork, so my Mom let her have at it! They stained a pair of pajamas, but Lily ate so it was well worth it. My mom didn't take any pictures on Wednesday, but last night Lily was being terribly fussy (so much so that Lily and I stayed home while my parents and Aunt and Uncle went out to dinner) and I could not get her to eat anything. So I heated up a baked ziti and she ate most of it! Maybe our days of baby food are almost over. That is kinda bittersweet. There are two forks because I was getting one fork loaded with food and then she was feeding herself. We had a whole assembly line thing going on!


She even picked it up with her hands when it fell off the fork! That is a big deal since she normally hates to touch slimy things and hates when her hands are dirty!
She kinda made a mess! :)
................
This morning she ate strawberries! Another breakthrough for food-fussy Lily!

..................
In other news, my Aunt Karen and Uncle Bob left today. I was so glad that they were able to come and visit! It meant a lot to me that they extended Bob's work trip and my Aunt decided to come too and see us. I probably spent more time with my Aunt Karen in the last few days then in most of my life total! We always saw them around the holidays and at family events here and there. But with the invention of blogs and e-mail we have been able to stay in touch and become closer. So that is really nice. I just wish Lily warmed up to them a little more. She was such a little booger the whole time they were here. I am not quite sure what her problem was -- teething maybe? But it was nice to hang out, I hope they had a good time while they were here. I feel badly that we didn't do much more than hang out. But I was hoping Lily would come around and play more. Maybe next time!!
This morning before they headed to the airport, Lily let Aunt Karen get close enough for a picture!
................
We also all walked down to my parent's house and took a look inside. It is coming along, they may actually be done by October!

Inside the office

Standing in the kitchen looking out

I had to post this picture -- this is the scared look Lily had on her face the whole time Aunt Karen and Uncle Bob were here!

My parent's house from the outside, they are working on the stonework!

0 comments: