Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gymboree Day!

We had Gymboree again this morning. Lily is getting a lot better at participation. She is still super shy, but was willing to try or at least watch all the group activities this morning instead of running off and doing her own thing. We are moving in the right direction. I think what really helped this morning was the fact that our normal teacher was out so we had a different teacher who was a lot less loud. Lily doesn't really respond as well to loud, aggressive people. But I know she has fun when we go to Gymboree. She loves to watch all the kids, but if one gets too close she is not sure what to do. I think I should set up some play dates with only one other toddler, so she can get use to playing and not be so overwhelmed by all the kids at once.


Waiting by the door to leave for Gymboree. Once the shoes go on, it is time to GO already!
Climbing up the soft slide

Lily loved climbing up and walking across this walkway -- we must have done it 100 times!
The best part was running down the slide at the end. Wheeeeeeee! She loved that (and only fell a couple times!).
............................
That is pretty much it for today. Things have slowed down some now that I am all unpacked and the house is essentially set up. Sure there is tons of stuff I'd still like to do, but all the little stuff has been taken care of. I am kinda bummed because I was having fun shopping constantly for house stuff! :) However, Christmas decorations are already out at some stores and while it is too early to buy, it is fun to look at start thinking about how I can decorate the new house!! I can hardly wait!!

0 comments: