Greetings from the Gymnastics Champion Headquarters of the World! We have only lived here 2 and a half months, but they must put something in the water to fill you with Texas pride, because last night when Nastia Liukin won the individual gold and the announcer immediately declared Plano, TX as the official Gymnastic Headquarters of the World (since Carly Patterson from Allen, TX took home the gold in Athens) Chip and I were so proud. In fact, Chip rewound it several times to hear it again! Nastia actually lives in nearby Parker, but both her and Carly trained at WOGA in Plano, TX. I looked up their schedule this afternoon and they have a tots and me class for kids Lily's age. How cool is that? Not that I want Lily to become a professional gymnast by any means, but just to learn some techniques where real Olympic athletes train! That is awesome (I know Michelle, you wish you could hang out there!). I may seriously look into it some more. I mean, how cute would Lily look in a little leotard? Plus, it is cheaper that Gymboree!! But I am afraid I may already be too late now that gymnastic fever has taken over the area. I am sure a week ago I could have booked Lily for a class, no problem. But I wonder what it is like today? Maybe if I show them that picture of the somersault she did earlier in the week they will make room for her!
Here are some random pictures from last night and today of my future gymnast (2024 games, here we come!):
..........................
I am off to start cleaning up the guest bath and my parent's room. They will be here on Monday!!
2 comments:
Wow! That is so cool about the gymnastics center! We watched Nastia win her gold! Awesome! :-)
Lily looks so cute!
Hehe - you should enroll her she is a natural!
Post a Comment