It has been awhile since Lily and I walked to the park. We stopped once on the way home from shopping, but the toys were too hot to play on, and since it has been really warm lately I have just avoided it altogether and opted for water time in the backyard instead. But this morning it was cloudy and cool -- only 70 degrees, so Lily and I decided to take a walk. I got the stroller out in case she was too tired to make it home (and too heavy for me to carry), but she wanted to ride in the stroller from the get-go. So I thought it would be a good time to walk to my parent's house and see if I could check out the inside. I noticed it looked like they had all the drywall done inside the other day when I drove by, so I have been anxious to go see how the rooms are looking. Unfortunately when we got there the place was crawling with workers (on a Saturday morning!) and I was already apprehensive about bringing Lily into a construction zone, so I really didn't want to take her into an active working area. So we turned around and headed to the park. Hopefully while my Mom is here this week, we'll have time to go check out the house! My parent's house is only .25 miles away, but this was the first time I had walked there. Such an easy walk! Anyway, it seemed like everyone was out taking advantage of the cool weather. There was boys football and girls soccer practice going on and a few kids at the playground. The slide was wet, so we couldn't play there and Lily was refusing to go on the swing. So we mostly sat and watched everyone play. But, it was nice to get out.
So she was excited to wear Elmo today! And I think it looks pretty cute!
0 comments:
Post a Comment