Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sluggish & Fussy Days

Eric, Kristi and Colton are on their way to the airport and back home. :( It meant a lot to Chip that Eric and his family were able to come and visit us and we had a lot of fun having them here! Lily had a lot of fun playing with Colton, or "the baby", as she referred to him. Anyone under 4 feet tall is a baby according to Lily and while I don't think that Colton appreciated being called "the baby", he was cool about it and I have a feeling that we will be calling him "the baby" for some time to come!!

But I am exhausted. Lily has been a little fussy and off since Sunday night. We went to the mall and to CPK for dinner while Chip and Eric got some twilight golf in (since we are in the midst of a heat wave and it is too hot to golf during the day) and I had to take my favorite BBQ chopped chicken salad home since Lily was being a total brat in the restaurant. I don't really think it had anything to do with our visitors since we have been really good about keeping her on her schedule and getting naps in. Even yesterday while Kristi and Colton were at Six Flags all day, and Lily and I were home alone, she was not any better. We had playgroup yesterday and she just wanted to go home the whole time. She is wearing me out! Plus I have not been feeling well myself the last few days ( I even napped while Lily napped yesterday, which is something I never do) -- I think my body is telling me that it is time to stop eating out already!! I realized that they don't believe in vegetables here in Texas. With the exception of a dinner salad drenched in dressing, they don't serve veggies with their meals. Not a single broccoli spear or green bean in sight! So I think I need to get back to eating at home more because between Lily, the heat and all the yummy greasy foods I can barely get through the day!

I tried to take Lily's 19 month pictures yesterday, but she was such a disaster that I could tell I shouldn't really bother. If I even managed to get a good pic in, her face would have been all red and blotchy from the crying and screaming. So hopefully when she wakes up from her nap today we can have a mini photo shoot. But I did get these pictures of her sitting in her little chair with Elmo:

And a picture of the two of us since she is more interested in being behind the camera than in front of it now.

0 comments: