Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A relaxing morning at home

I got my Lily back!! After days of not eating and poorly sleeping, both of which lead to fussy Lily, yesterday afternoon she took a three hour nap and ate a big-ass bowl of oatmeal and was my fun happy Lily again! Yeah!! This morning she woke up a tad early, but ate well and was pretty much her normal self. Now, if I can just get myself feeling normal again we will all be happy! I have eaten salads for meals the last three days and am actually feeling a lot less sluggish. So that is great. And believe it or not, the high today is only supposed to be in the low 90's (compared to weeks of 100 degree days and extreme heat warnings -- it has been hot even for Texas standards) so we may try to take a walk tonight! But we'll see how that goes :)

One of Lily's new favorite things is bubbles. She has a Sesame Street book about bubbles that Aunt Linda gave her and she quickly learned how to say "bubble" pretty clearly. So now she always asks for Bubbles! We play with the bubbles in the playroom -- although I think we need to stop that since most of her toys now have a nice layer of bubble film on them. Here are some pictures from this morning:

Look at all those bubbles! I am becoming an expert bubble blower! And the Gymboree bubbles are great because they don't pop as easily!

After bubble time, we came downstairs so I could change out the laundry. Lily likes helping me fold the laundry. Although most the time she unfolds more than she folds. So I usually give her a few towels to play with while I try to get some real folding done. Unfortunately, then I usually need to rewash the towels I gave her since she loves to dust and wipe things off. This morning she took my washcloths and cleaned the fireplace and the kitchen floor. So those are definitely going back in the hamper! But at least my floors are slightly cleaner! :)

She also has gained some more confidence in her ability to climb and get into things (thanks a lot damn Gymboree!). She tried to climb on the coffee table in the front room this morning, but when I put a stop to that she decided to climb in and out of the laundry basket instead. This entertained her for quite some time. She would get in and run in place -- I think she liked the sound her feet made on the plastic bottom. Then she would fall out, whine some and get right back in and start all over. Crazy kid. Oh and by the way, she is naked again since she has yet another new favorite activity which involves manipulating the mouthpiece on her sippy cup so that the water comes out. She normally just soaks herself with the water, but today she had an empty bowl that she filled with the water and splashed in until she was soaking wet. It was cute, and she was having fun so I let her do it. It was just water. If Chip was home he probably would have made her stop -- but Mommy is way more fun than Daddy! :)




Oops, Lily falling out of the laundry basket!
Getting right back in.

0 comments: