Yesterday once Lily woke up from her nap, we headed out on a mission to find ashtrays for the new patio area my Dad built at the golf course. It is amazing how difficult is it to find an ash tray these days! I bet 50 years ago they would have had a whole ash tray aisle at Target! I am sure it would have been easiest to find some online, but they needed them asap, since we recently got the patio furniture all set up and people are utilizing the outdoor area to smoke and leaving a mess behind. Chip suggested I try Michael's and look for a galvanized pail or something similar we could fill with sand to use as an ashtray. That way it would look nice, be functional, and hopefully hinder the ash and butts from blowing away in the wind. Who am I to pass up a trip to Michael's?? Since Michael's is like a 12 minute drive and the Hobby Lobby is only 3 minutes away (and a lot nicer, believe it or not, than Michael's) we started there. I didn't find anything to that could function as an ash tray, but I did spend a good 20 minutes drooling in the Christmas aisles (I can't wait to start buying decorations and paper and ribbon!!) and I got some needed stuff for the Expo, so that was good. I then thought I should try my new favorite store, Garden Ridge. They have everything!! Seriously. Everything. I didn't find any pails (probably more of a spring/summer item) but after another 20 minutes browsing Christmas decor and Halloween stuff, I did find some cute ceramic pots that would work perfectly -- normally $7.99 for a set of 2, but on sale for 75% off! So each pot was only 98 cents!! I figured since we only needed 10 we could start here and eventually search the Internet for something else. Anyways, I am rambling to get to the point of this entry . . . while at my favorite store, Garden Ridge, I also found for 75% off (normally $39.99 -- only $9.99 for me) this:
The Traumhaus!!
OK, the other side of the box says Dream House, but I think Traumhaus sounds cooler. What kid doesn't want a German (?) castle?
I probably wouldn't have spent $40 bucks for it, but for $10 I couldn't pass it up! The directions were not in English -- actually they weren't in any language, just 3 photos with a bunch of arrows pointed every direction. But I'm smart, I figured it out. Eventually.
Lily LOVES it -- she spent the first 10 minutes, just crawling in and out of the door. But eventually settled inside. I brought Elmo, Big Bird and her phone in thinking she'd just hang out there and play all night -- which she did. But I had to be in there with her. She just wanted to "pie Mama" (that means play with Mommy -- I think). So who was I to say no to that?? We spent like 2 hours straight in Traumhaus! We were in there when Chip got home from work. I later asked if he was surprised to find us inside a pink castle in the living room. He just kinda shrugged and said, "No, not really". I thought that was funny!
2 comments:
Much cooler than our fort!
I love the Traumhaus! Great photos, too and it's terrific that Lily has adjusted to life with hair accessories. It beats having long long bangs hanging in her eyes or the trauma of having them cut, doesn't it? Also liked your story of the quest for ashtrays. Good bargain hunting!
Post a Comment