Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pa, Ga and Playgroup

Grandma and Grandpa went back home to CA last night. Lily was sad at first and I was a little apprehensive about how it would go this morning when she woke up and "Ga" wasn't here. But (no offense Mom) she was fine and didn't really ask for her Ga. All last week the first thing she'd say in the morning was "Ga". I guess she understood last night when I told her they took the airplane home?
We had a lunch playgroup with the MOMS Club this afternoon. There were more Moms and kids than usual so it took Lily a little while to unwrap herself from me. She is SO shy! But once they busted out the goldfish crackers she quickly made new friends! :) They had a play kitchen and Lily was loving that. I had already planned on getting her a kitchen for Christmas, but now Christmas can't come fast enough for me!! I did get to meet some more of the moms in the group, so that was nice. One lives here in our subdivision and said that there is a neighborhood playgroup for kids Lily's age that meets on Tuesdays, so I am going to try to get more info on that too! She knew exactly where we lived and said that we have 2 kids on our street Lily's age! How sad that I have never seen them. I know when we first moved here people were out and about a lot more, but I think people are staying indoors more during the heat of the summer because everyone kinda disappeared! She agreed with that assessment. So hopefully once it starts to cool down some we can find more friends within walking distance! I also got to meet another mom who is from Downey!! How crazy is that? She graduated from DHS in '92. So we reminisced some about Downey. Such a small world! But it is hard to really get to know anyone in the playgroup setting because once you start a conversation someones kid starts crying in the other room and you get interrupted. I don't have that problem since Lily won't go farther than 6 inches from my side. We are having the group here at the end of Sept, so it should be interesting to see how Lily acts when they are in her house. It could be really good or really bad.

Here are some pictures from the last 2 days when my parents were here. Lily has really warmed up to my Dad. It took her awhile since she doesn't see him as much as my Mom and he is a guy. She is always a little more shy around men. But the last few times he has been here she is immediately comfortable with him. Finally!



Breakfast with Elmo

This is from this morning when we were leaving for the playgroup. I was getting my purse together and I turned around and she has her Elmo purse (it is actually an Easter basket) and is on her way out the door! It was cute.

0 comments: